- Product Information
- Self-contained ampoule with growth medium
- 24 hr incubation
- Color change purple to yellow with growth
- Conforms to ISO 11138
- For use in EZTest Incubator
- Box of 25
- Used to establish the ability of the sterilization cycle to kill specific micro-organisms, which are known to be both non-pathogenic and the most resistant to the steam sterilization process.
- The Biological Indicator provides the highest level of assurance that the sterilization cycle is working effectively and all micro-organisms were destroyed.
- Steam sterilizers which have not been calibrated or validated should be monitored by a weekly test using a biological Indicator or alternatively each load must be processed with a biological emulator. The preferred test organism for steam sterilization is Geobacillus Stearothermophilus.*
1. Australian Dental Association, Guidelines for Infection Control.
2. Australian Dental Association, Practical Guides to Infection Control
3. AS/NZS 4187:2003
Write Your Own Review